- SWAFF - Soirée Web et Affaires (***free - tonight***)
January 20th, Québec-city: networking activity for online profesionals.
I will be there & I have invited the MBA students in my ULaval web analytics class to attend.
- Conférence Infopresse: Web analytique, SEO et SEM
January 25th, Montréal
I spoke at this conference in the past - always a very interesting event focused on online marketing, social media, etc.
Web Analytics Association members gets a discount!
- WebÉducation: social media (*** free! ***)
January 27th, Québec
This event is aimed at government and non-profits but everyone is welcome. My good friend Alex Langshur from PublicInsite, as well as Catherine Morissette a lawyer with strong experience in ethical and legal aspects of the online world, will join me to talk about social media.
- Alex will talk about the role of analytics and social media at the Public Health Agency of Canada during the H1N1 crisis
- Catherine will share her expertise about intellectual property, deffamation and other important aspects
- I will talk about social media strategy from a business angle and how to measure the impact of our activities
- We will end the day with a round table where we will (*try*) to answer your questions!
- Conférence Les Affaires - réseau sociaux
February 15-17th, Montréal
Les Affaires is a leading financial and business publication in Québec - and when you get finance & managers to look into social media, it as a tendency to go beyond Twitter followers and Facebook friends. The conference format is very interesting, starting off with a full day introductory workshop on the 15th, followed by case studies on the 16th, closing up with some additional workshops on the 17th. I will manage a half-day workshop social media measurement and ROI calculation. You might want to join the LinkedIn group created for the event (in French).
Get a 2-for-1 discount!
- Le Web à Québec
February 23-27, Québec
A new conference in Québec-city. Twenty professionals collaborate to offer a conference, training, workshops and even a competition named "Iron Web". I'm not speaking but my friend Jacques Warren will talk about SEO and web analytics. I hope to be able to free up some time!
- eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit (San Francisco)
March 13-18, San Francisco
This is THE web analytics event of the year in the known world! I will be there to do a repeat of the acclaimed session I did in Washington: Measuring Your Organization's Web Analytics Maturity, repeat the "KPI clinic" with June Li, and close up the conference with the Roadmap to Online Analytics Success full day workshop.
- Click Summit 2011 April 14-15th, Charlotte, NC
I will open with a brief introduction on the topic of "Online Analytics Maturity: How Your Organization Compares" and 15-20 peers will then engage in closed-door and confidential discussion.
- eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit (Toronto)
April 26-29th, Toronto
Ok, the above is way cool... but this one is THE web analytics event of the year in Canada! I will be there to do a repeat of the acclaimed session I did in Washington: Measuring Your Organization's Web Analytics Maturity, repeat the "KPI clinic" with June Li, and close up the conference with the Roadmap to Online Analytics Success full day workshop.
The "other stuff"
- During last week "Web Analytics Meetup" we discussed the need for a LinkedIn group dedicated to the web analytics community in Québec. The group is already 99 people strong!
- On top of developing and fostering the local community and speaking here and there, I will spend some time to put together a local event focused on web analytics. There are already a lot of great events but we're looking for something different - something focused on the great stuff web analytics practitioners are doing here: case studies by practitioners, a "camp" format, a "web analytics academy" competition, etc. A LinkedIn sub-group has been created to look into it.