Height things to say over coffee to a CEO
- "Your website sucks"
If you are not using persona, scenarios and analytics you are in trouble
- "Web is the start of a long voyage"
From historical file server based infrastructure to the executable internet. The power shifting to client devices and the network
- "Bits want to be free... bits want to break the law"
Control is becoming impossible, find out business model around it.
- "Technology is changing your customer... ...your customer will change your company"
From this table, it looks like I'm a Gen Y in a Gen X body...
Hours per week Gen Y
Using mobile: 8.9 5.8 Playing video games: 4.3 2.0 Reading magazines (not online) 1.7 2.0 Reading newspaper (not online) 1.2 1.7 Using instant messaging 56% 33% Using social network 42% 17% Watching peer to peer videos 28% 19% Blogging 27% 15%
- "Move innovation out of the box and into the network"
Traditional process: finance -> invent -> build -> package (all done in black box - owned, copyrighted, guarded) -> new widget eventually available
New process: inventors + financiers + brokers + transformers = innovation network
- "Great marketing + great technology is the only way forward"
- Esquire magazine cover ad change (embedded small battery)
- 3D hologram in company reception hall
- Ad scan bar ads to use with cell phone photo
- "You don’t own your customer... your customer owns you"
No brand loyalty anymore
- "When it comes to technology do me (and your company) a favor... ...stop being clueless."
Loved this quote: "Like sex, you can’t understand it until you do it"