I have rarely seen such a thorough and complete description for a web analytics role, tip of the hat to Mediagrif for having a very clear description for this great job!
Position overviewThe successful candidate will be responsible for driving the web analytics strategy of Mediagrif’s B2B websites, managing business analysis, reporting, and forecasting, and playing a key role in the business planning process. They will integrate data from different sources, track online performance as it relates to the total multi-channel business and develop insights with particular emphasis on understanding the effectiveness of user flows, new features, marketing programs and business intelligence. Their analysis will facilitate data driven decisions, highlighting strengths and weaknesses of the business units, presenting concise conclusions and proposing test paths for improvements. The candidate will be passionate about web analytics and remain updated on the latest web developments and best practices.
- Optimize implementation of Omniture web analytics toolset and utilize to analyze traffic and behavioral segments on our sites.
- Develop and maintain consistent reporting framework; create holistic dashboards pulling data from different data sources.
- Work with business owners to develop benchmark criteria for measuring online metrics; create and manage KPIs; provide analytical support, especially in the product definition phase; present cross-functional analysis.
- Work with IT department, marketing, product management and business partners on data flow requirements and monitoring; perform audits and verify process integrity throughout campaign cycles.
- Identify how effective various programs and Web site flows are performing, solicit and/or recommend improvements that target conversion rates and user satisfaction, implement and manage the testing of improvements and effectively communicate findings.
- Deliver web analytics presentations in a variety of forums to employees at all levels of the company including to senior management team.
- Assist the online and emarketing team by providing web analytics and insights to make data driven decisions; analyze web analytics information and provide recommendations in the context of campaigns, web site redesigns and new product development
- Proactively seek to improve day-to-day efficiency and automate activities wherever possible.
- Possess understanding of clients’ market dynamics and act as a consultant to clients for the planning and execution of their online marketing needs
- Provide recommendations on how to improve ROI of online marketing campaigns and product development
- Identify, create, prioritize, delegate tasks
- Monitor project/task progress and escalate project related issues to appropriate teams (client, integration team, design team, etc.)
EducationBA or BS in Statistics, Business, Economics, Math or Computer Science (Masters preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of three years hands on experience analyzing Web data for a medium to large ecommerce Web site or group of Web sites (5 years preferred)
Skills & competenciesPersonal skills
- Ability to speak and write fluently in French and English
- Is goal and results oriented
- Strong leadership, organizational, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, nurture, and support good working relationships with internal and external clients
- Client focused, creating an environment in which concern for client satisfaction is a key priority
- Highly adaptable to change with the ability to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risk
- Has strong initiative and is a creative thinker
- Able to make complex decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Curious nature is an asset
- Highly effective working in teams with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Designing, constructing, and running reports using various online web-analytics solution
- Constructing reporting dashboards in Excel with external queries.
- Assisting in various web analytics projects, using data-mining techniques.
- Mid-level expertise in the SEM (Search Engine Marketing) / PPC (Pay Per Click) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies and a minimum one year experience measure success of SEM/PPC and SEO campaigns / efforts.
- Mastery of Excel, Powerpoint and other software tools for reporting and presenting data.
- Thorough understanding of Web technologies such as HTML, CSS, XML
- Expert at Access, SQL Server, Oracle, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collect data, analyze trends, find stories, draw conclusions and act on recommendations.
- Experience with web analytics program e.g. Coremetrics, WebTrends, Visual Sciences, Unica, Google Analytics)
- Experience with statistical programs such as SAS and SPSS, and with statistical testing solutions such as Offermatica and Optimost.
- Experience tracking solutions for technologies such as Flash, AJAX , video, etc.
If you want confidential/anonymous info about this job or Mediagrif, feel free to contact me privately, or get in touch with Human Ressources at Mediagrif directly.
If you are en employer seeking talent, or you are looking for a job, I'll be glad to relay the information.