Web Analytics Quality Assurance in 5 steps:In v0.60, most of the work was focused on the crawling process.
- Pick a source: either a web page, an existing sitemap or load a list of URLs from a file
- Set crawl features: filters, number of pages to crawl, depth, load delay, follow robots rules, etc.
- Watch the progress as WASP crawl the site and retrieve pages and tags information. Pause, Resume or Cancel at any time.
- Export results to CSV, XML or Sitemap or use the built in WASP Report
- Analyze the data with the Excel CSV export feature or the WASP's built-in Data Browser to spot missing tags, broken links, wrong values being sent, etc.
Bug fixes & enhancements
- Crawler wizard: Improved dialogs, show progress information (pages crawled/left, time/remaining)
- Crawler intelligence: new option to intercepts dialogs that could be hanging the crawler, detects secured areas and stay away from them automatically (i.e. without hanging on a username/password prompt), skip timeout pages, etc...
- Lite weight database: WASP now uses a lite weight database to store crawling information.
- Project files: Store crawl results into distinct WASP Tag Files (databases)
- Post-processing: more efficient post-processing of crawl results.
- Export: Save to CSV, XML or Sitemap significantly improved
- Reporting interface: slightly enhanced reporting interface, although it is still preferable to save to CSV and work from there for the moment.
- New tools: Atlas, SiteBrand, SiteTracker, TagMan, for a total of 121!
- Sidebar: Fixed breakdown of variables which was incorrect in some cases.
- Specifics: show SiteCatalyst report suite and code version in variable breakdown.
I'm working on...
- Intro videos & case studies: Create more videos and showcase of WASP in action
- Stealth mode: Block web analytics calls for firing, so you don't inflate your stats while crawling
- Even more advanced crawling: Continue crawl from an existing database, page sampling for automated site health check.
- Pattern finding: when crawling, automatically detect pages based off templates
- Analyst view: providing a non-technical view of the tags logically grouped into "Page information", "Campaigns", "Events", "eCommerce", etc.
- Reporting tool: add easy filtering of data and default views, including a dashboard view for quality assurance
- Sitemap generator: generate a Google compatible sitemap.xml file with automated optimization of the parameters
- Licensing and ecommerce: preparation toward the v1.0 commercial release
Getting it or upgradingTwo ways to upgrade or get WASP:
- Get it NOW! Easiest/Recommended: Visit WebAnalyticsSolutionProfiler.com and click on the "Add to Firefox" green button.
somea long time...: If you already have WASP installed, Firefox will eventually trigger an automatic update and prompt you to confirm. But... addons.mozilla.org is getting an amazingly long time to approve extensions...