While Omniture tagline is "The leader in online business optimization" and VisualSciences's one is "Real time analytics", the press release headline sports:
"Combined Company Dramatically Accelerates Development and Delivery of Industry-Defining Business Optimization Platform"We're slowly but surely getting away from "web analytics" and "online optimization" and elevating the bar to "business optimization" and "competing on analytics". Just like ebusiness buzz is fading to become pure "business", web analytics is maturing to analytics.
Some people at my current job didn't catch my move to go freelance in web analytics. What they obviously fail to understand is that web analytics is just an excuse to get in the field of analytics (without the "e") and business optimization.
At the same time, while Google is commoditizing web analytics, the acquisition of Visual Sciences by Omniture is a good indicator of a maturing market. Omniture is taking the high-end lead, way ahead of Coremetrics, WebTrends, Unica and myriad of smaller solutions.
I see all of this as being very positive for the web analytics industry, for businesses, and honestly, for me too!
Here's some of the best stories about Omniture acquiring Visual Sciences:
- Omniture to acquire Visual Sciences by Manoj Jasra
- Omniture buys Visual Sciences for 394 Million Bucks by Marshall Sponder
- Omniture Acquires Visual Sciences - Are You Next? by Digital Alex
- Omniture Acquires Visual Sciences by Bryan Enisenberg
- What does Omniture's purchase of Visual Sciences mean for HBX customers by Phil Kemelor
- Omniture to Acquire Visual Sciences on VisualSciences.com