- Install the WASP extension in Firefox
- Once you have restarted Firefox, from the Firefox menu, do View/Sidebar/WASP
- While you surf, the WASP sidebar will refresh with available information about the current page being visited
Detected web analytics solutionsConfidence levels refers to the avoidance of true-negative and false-positive detection by WASP itself and is really not related to the features or security aspects of any of the listed products.
- High confidence: should be identified nearly 100% of the time. Best confidence is when the specific account id of the WA solution can be found directly in an HTTP Get request
- Medium confidence: detection based on the presence of specific hard-coded values
- Low confidence: partial detection only, can't parse QueryString and/or cookies
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Now detects 32 web analytics solutions
- User interface improvements
- More accurate refresh when browsing or switching tabs
- Display information about 1st and 3rd party cookie status
- Display HTTP headers
- Display P3P status
- Put supported tools in a configuration file editable trough preferences
- Allow sorting of value-pairs, copy (or export) of values
- Add knowledge base links allowing to get additional information on any piece of data being sent
- Handle frames and iframes
- Add a tab to show Alexa and Google PageRank information about the page currently being displayed
- None for now...
Your feedback is important!Like it? Or not? Would like to see a new feature? Found a bug? I'm building this tool out of my free time and my reward is your feedback!
If you are inclined to do so - or if you use WASP for professional purposes - a donation would be appreciated!