The Web Analytics communityMy involvement in the Web Analytics Association and various committees, as an organizer of the local Web Analytics Wednesdays and a speaker, and my relation with several practitioners, vendors, consultants and fellow bloggers. I will respect...
- Vendors: not do product demos or provide product information to competitors;
- Clients: any information about someone's actual or intentional use of a solution will be solemnly respected;
- Practitioners: empower the users with their actual solution without influencing them to change unless it’s in their best interest.
- Consultants: try not to interfere between a vendor-consultant-practitioner relationship. If it happens, the practitioner's best interest will always be favored.
BloggingI'm borrowing from O'Reilly's proposed code of conduct:
- Take responsibility for my own words and for the comments I allow on my blog.
- Won't say anything online that I wouldn't say in person.
- In case of conflict, I will connect privately before I respond publicly.
- Will filter comments that are against my personal values, but will gladly accept constructive comments.
- Will post constructive comments to other's blogs.
- Will link & reference others contributions in my posts.
My employerAs a web analytics practitioner and a Senior eBusiness Architect at Desjardins General Insurance Group, I will abide the following code of ethics, as described in the Desjardins Group Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct:
- I will disclose all the details of the situation to my immediate superior if I think a conflict of interest might occur.
- I will never accept or solicit gifts, tokens of appreciation or benefits, financial
or otherwise, for myself, an associate or a third party, if accepting such gratuities impairs my objectivity or my judgment in the performance of my duties.
- Will not engage into any contract without abiding by the prescriptive conditions of my employer.
- Will not perform an activity or hold a position or a job with a competitor if doing so places me in a position that may prejudice the interests of my employer.
- Will ensure that the activities I perform outside the scope of my job do not prejudice the interests, image or reputation of my employer.
- When expressing opinions, I will not give the impression that I'm expressing the official position of my employer unless I receive prior authorization to do so.
- Will never disclose confidential information or use confidential information for my own benefit.
- I'm currently using Omniture SiteCatalyst on the job
- I'm using Google Analytics on this blog
- My previous employer was a reseller of WebSideStory and I did several implementations
- I contributed to a large Coremetrics implementation
- I used WebTrends for several years
- I used LiveStats for several years
- Please see my full profile on LinkedIn for the employers I worked for over the last 20 years.