- Hot skill set: analytical, web saavy, marketing, IT
- Fast moving: dozens of positions available, many for renowned companies, with several job offers at once closing in about a month!
- Relocation challenges: the Internet is worldwide, so is this job market, relocation is often a challenge (compensations, insecurity).
- Bonus! getting a sign-in bonus is getting more frequent.
- Cross-industry (horizontal skills): web analytics is universal, regardless of the actual field of expertise of the employer. Of course, knowing what it's all about helps, but changing industry type is frequent.
- Compensations: from entry at $50,000 up to director/vp over $125,000. The most frequently sought positions, such as senior analyst, range from $60k to $85k.
Over the past few weeks I've been receiving emails from people seeking consultants or employees to fill web analytics positions, but I guess it's the same here as anywhere: it's hard to find experienced analysts! If you are in Canada and involved in web analytics, I would appreciate your input about the job market.
If your looking for a job in this field, check out the Web Analytics Association job board, or the job postings of the Association of Internet Marketing.